A sinister new trend sees music festivals favouring clean living over getting trashed. With promoters serving up meditation, clean living and pilates …
The unexpected relationship between festivals and healthy living has been building for a few years now with the likes of Electric Picnic’s Mindfield, pop-up hot tubs at Isle of Wight and Glastonbury’s Healing Fields. This year, Groove Festival has followed the trend by adding a new fitness and wellness quarter called Thrive.
To discover more, check out the exciting itinerary below. And, if you’d like to win tickets- keep an eye out for a fantastic competition on magpie.ie in the coming days !
Festival-goers will be given a chance to relax, rejuvenate and reenergise the mind, body and soul through a jam-packed programme of over 35 free movement classes, wellness workshops and inspirational talks.
Groovers can ‘rise and rave’ into their festival day with the hugely popular MorningGloryville, kick starting the Thrive schedule on Saturday 19th at 11.30am. Activities will run non-stop until 7 pm over the two-day festival, packing in a wide range of activities to suit Groovers from every age and walk of life.
Whether it’s letting their hair down to a vibrant dance class, realigning the body with Platinum Pilates, or finding a moment of Zen with classes from some of Ireland’s leading yoga teachers including Julie Burke, Cathy Pearson and Kitty Maguire, the Thrive Movement Stage will have festival goers stretched, loose and ready for an evening of dancing to the sounds of Groove Festival’s stellar line up of top international and local music acts.
For those that don’t want to don the athleisure look, the Thrive Talks Stage is there for you with household names like Roz Purcell, the Natural Born Feeder, giving a cooking demo on all things delicious and nutritious, Derval O’Rourke, Irish Olympian with her FitFoodie movement, and broadcaster Andrea Hayes on goal setting and mindfulness.
Why is Festival Wellness so Important?
What better time to exercise the art of living in the present moment than at a festival? Festivals have become an outlet for escape and discovery, a shared human experience.
Groove Festival’s stunning location in Killruddery house sets the perfect backdrop for a two-day retreat amidst 850 acres of greenery, and an array of stellar music acts, both Irish and internationally such as Primal Scream, Hudson Taylor and Jerry Fish. The space offers an oasis of calm, open space for well being, fun and creativity, and is the perfect setting for a summer festival escape for all the family.
Groove prides itself on its family-orientated agenda.The little ones can discover the fun side of fitness and wellness with kids and toddler yoga classes, climbing walls, zorbing and vegan smoothies. As well as this there will be a family zone running throughout the festival with puppet shows, science and magic demonstrations to spark their flare for discovery.
There will also be cookery demonstrations, and talks from Ireland’s leading names in fitness will give you plenty of tips on preparing healthy snacks and lunches for back to school, or for yourself at home. Yoga classes for both adults and the youngsters will help improve cardio, energy and vitality for those long week days.
Get The Most Out of Thrive
Here are just a few ways you can prepare yourself beforehand to get the most out of this year’s Groove and Thrive festival.
* Check out the Thrive line-up and schedule and plan what talks/classes you want to attend to be sure you don’t miss a thing. Remember, you have unlimited access and all classes are free to attend. Make sure to get there on time to get a good spot!
* Pack your bag the night before for a stress-free morning. No need to bring a picnic, there will be lots of healthy food available for your post-yoga feed – Sharon Shannon’s Vegan Food Truck, The Happy Pear, Frank & Honest – they’ve got you covered!
* Read up on some of the guest speakers. The website has a biography for each of the musicians, speakers and chefs.Check out the speaker list here! !http://www.groovefestival.ie/thrive
* Don’t worry about not having the right kit for fitness. Yoga mats will be on hand to rent all day, just be sure to wear something comfortable and easy to move in.
* Have a listen to some of the twenty-five music acts playing at this year’s festival. Lucky for you, they have created a specially-curated Spotify playlist packed with Groove’s music highlights. Try listening to it on your way there!
* Aside from that, our final piece of advice is just to have fun! Sit back and relax and enjoy the music.
For more information: www.groovefestival.ie